What's Your Favorite Topic to Write About?

Introduce yourself to the community, bitch about clients, do as you please...within reason. You can enquire about other forums, other members; you can discuss your day, your jobs, etc.,

Moderator: Shana

MegStewart

What's Your Favorite Topic to Write About?

Post by MegStewart » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:41 am

The one thing most of us have in common is we LOVE to WRITE. I'm just curious though, what's your favorite topic or subject to write about?

I think for me it would have to be writing about writing. But I also love writing about parenting, especially when the question or topic gives me an opportunity to brag about my own grandkids and some of the crazy stuff they say and do. Since I've been doing it nearly two years now, writing about survival/prepping comes pretty easily.

So, what about you? What's your favorite thing to write about?

PJ (Admin)

Re: What's Your Favorite Topic to Write About?

Post by PJ (Admin) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Anything I can write off the top of my head is good for me. Gambling and sport have always been easy, but writing, blogging and all of that is also an easy subject. Some of the most difficult topics have included hair extensions and kitchen refurbishment. Not really my things. My partner will tell you that I don't even know where the kitchen is.

But of course I know. It's where we keep the alcohol.
P. J. Aitken. FWU Founder. Author of The Online Writer's Companion. Ask me a question using the Ask FWU forum.

MegStewart

Post by MegStewart » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 pm

I like topics where I can write off the top of my head too but I usually check a fact or two as I'm editing just to be sure my perception of a topic is as accurate as can be. When I read, I like to see all sides to an issue or at least an objective presentation of the topic. I did some web content writing on bathroom fixtures, that was a tough assignment. But hey, I can now describe bathroom faucets and shower fixtures in great detail although I'm not sure how to categorize that on any resume!

Shana

Post by Shana » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 am

Ha! Seems like we may have worked for the same person. Mine was quartz countertops, day in and day out. Very tedious, but I'm pretty good at describing bathrooms, myself.
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse