Ask Us Anything!

Ask the owners, writers or moderators a question. They all use this forum and will respond when they can. You can use this forum to enquire about job availability on this site and on the FWU network.

Moderators: Shana, MegStewart

Shana

Ask Us Anything!

Post by Shana » Fri May 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Freelance With Us was designed to be a resource for writers, especially those writers who are just beginning their freelance writing careers. We've all been where you are now, and understand how frustrating it can be.

Freelancing is often lonely work, too. Let's face it - you may not have a lot of peers in the industry who you can shoot a quick question over to.

So, here we are. We want to help you become a successful freelancer, because we know just how intimidating it can be. You can ask us anything - there's truly no such thing as a stupid question. Got questions about marketing? About how to overcome writer's block? Or maybe you just want to know how a particular contributor sets up his work space.

Whatever it is, ask us here. Our moderators are all full time freelancers with combined decades of experience, and will happily answer your questions. To ask a new question, please choose the "New Topic" button so that we're sure to see your post.

MegStewart

Re: Ask Us Anything!

Post by MegStewart » Fri May 12, 2017 4:56 pm

A little about me in case anyone has questions. I've always been a jack of all trades so to speak. I have a very varied work experience in the brick and mortar world and in the virtual world. I'm also a bit of software guru/geek. I love learning new software. This is why you'll often see me do reviews of different software programs for writers and freelancers. it combines two of my passions. I love to know what's out there, how it works, and what it can do. And of course I love reading and writing. I'm a full time freelance writer, it's what pays the bills but it's a stepping stone to my dream job so I'm content. Most of my freelance work is nonfiction, though I've only been doing that a few years. I've been writing fiction though for as long as I can remember. I read whatever I can get my hands on about technique, craft, plotting, character development, etc.

As Shana said, there are no dumb questions. Ask us anything! If we don't have an answer, I'm sure one of us has someone in our network who we can refer you to for more information.