Introduce Yourself

Learn the rules of the FWU forum and get help with some freelancing basics, from freelance portals to projects and more. Use this forum to introduce yourself to the FWU Community.

Moderators: Shana, MegStewart

mohd.ronychowdhury

Introduce Yourself

Post by mohd.ronychowdhury » Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 am

Hi Everyone. My name is Rony and I am a freelancer Virtual Assistant. I work on various freelancing marketplace like Upwork, Fiverr, ThemeForest. Happy to be a part of this freelancing community. Eagerly waiting to meet people doing awesome work and make a great community. Thanks!

PJ (Admin)

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by PJ (Admin) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey Rony, Welcome to the community!
P. J. Aitken. FWU Founder. Author of The Online Writer's Companion. Ask me a question using the Ask FWU forum.

MegStewart

Post by MegStewart » Sun May 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Welcome to the grouo, Rony. How are you finding your experience with the Upwork platform? What about Fiverr? I've not done anything on Fiverr and just wondered how that experience is? I haven't heard of ThemeForest, I'll have to explore that.

Shana

Post by Shana » Mon May 15, 2017 1:12 am

Hey Rony! Good to meet you! I'll have to check out ThemeForest, have you been pretty successful with it?

Looking forward to seeing you around!
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse

mohd.ronychowdhury

Post by mohd.ronychowdhury » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

[quote="PJ (Admin)"]Hey Rony, Welcome to the community![/quote]
Thanks PJ. Happy to be in this forum!

mohd.ronychowdhury

Post by mohd.ronychowdhury » Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 pm

[quote="MegStewart"]Welcome to the grouo, Rony. How are you finding your experience with the Upwork platform? What about Fiverr? I've not done anything on Fiverr and just wondered how that experience is? I haven't heard of ThemeForest, I'll have to explore that.[/quote]

Hi MegStewart. So far Upwork is good but lately, they increased the fees from 10% to 20% and the site breaks a lot. Other than that, the experience is good. Fiverr is totally different to work with. Its something like the fixed price jobs of Upwork but there is lots of risk of not getting paid. Sometimes even you do a good work, client doesn't pay. Lots of fraud clients there. Themeforest is very awesome but you have to have the best qualifications and have to go through a lot of processing to sell your items there. Once you get approved then you will get a lot of work as Freelancer web developer/designer. :)

Shana

Post by Shana » Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

I agree that Fiverr's a lot different, but I like it. I tend to find a lot of long term clients there, and the 20% deduction isn't as noticeable when you've got bigger "gigs" that pay more.
When you're working for $5, you end up with a grand total of $3.92 after all the fees from Fiverr and PayPal, so aim big :)
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse

MegStewart

Post by MegStewart » Tue May 16, 2017 3:11 am

Rony, one of the main reasons I began targeting new clients outside of Upwork is because of that 20% fee when you work with new clients--it's awful. My clients on Upwork now are long-term so they qualify for the 10% fee. My focus this year is on more avenues for bringing in new clients separate from Upwork so I don't incur that fee. Thanks for your sharing your experience!

Zaynabshah

Post by Zaynabshah » Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 am

Hi everyone. I name is Zaynab Shah Sayed. And I'm from Pakistan. I'm 22 years old. I'm currently doing Masters in English Literature. Well I'm not familiar with Freelancing as I never had any idea of what to do actually. I'm a poet and a writer since childhood. I hope I'll get back some positive responce by you guys about my interest to be a freelance writer.

PJ (Admin)

Post by PJ (Admin) » Wed May 17, 2017 1:41 am

Hey Zaynab,

Welcome to the forum, and to freelancing! If you have the skill, the desire and the credentials, then you have all you need to make it as a freelance writer, so don't worry about that. It'll all fall into place. Just ask around if you have any questions or take a look at the articles on the site.

PJ
P. J. Aitken. FWU Founder. Author of The Online Writer's Companion. Ask me a question using the Ask FWU forum.