What's Your Favorite Thing About Writing or Freelancing?

Give praise to a particular client, freelancer or service, or vent about a project gone wrong. All freelancers have them, and telling other freelancers about them can be a good way to vent your anger and frustration.

Moderator: Shana

MegStewart

Post by MegStewart » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

For me, I'd have to say my favorite thing about Freelancing is the ability to be home with my two youngest girls more than I could be when I was working a 9 to 5pm job. And I certainly don't miss the "hurry up get ready to get everyone out of the house rush" every morning either! It's much easier to get them off to school when I know I can do what I need to do after they leave and before sitting down to write.

So, inquiring minds want to know, what's your favorite thing about writing or freelancing?

PeteTheGreat

Re: What's Your Favorite Thing About Writing or Freelancing?

Post by PeteTheGreat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm

My favorite aspect of freelancing is that I feel, personally, more self disciplined than I ever have in my life. I remember when I worked a "real life" job - there'd be days when I was present at work yet absent in my mind. Now, I find the opposite to be true. I can be thinking about work even when I'm not *at* work. But it's not stressful in the least.

Some of my best ideas were dreams, actually.