My Facebook story

Give praise to a particular client, freelancer or service, or vent about a project gone wrong. All freelancers have them, and telling other freelancers about them can be a good way to vent your anger and frustration.

Moderator: Shana

Shana

My Facebook story

Post by Shana » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Say what you will about Facebook. It actually uses its powers for good sometimes.

Two days ago, I put out a general announcement on my wall and set it to public. Mentioned that I'd just ended a contract with a client and was looking for a new one. Told my FB friends that I could do just about anything - content, web design etc.

Day later, I get a message from one of my neighbors on Sims Freeplay :D

She wants her website overhauled, and new content written.

Go Facebook. And especially, go Sims Freeplay!
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse

PJ (Admin)

Re: My Facebook story

Post by PJ (Admin) » Wed May 17, 2017 2:10 pm

That's great. I usually just get a lot of junk messages and strange requests, but I've never really tried to offer my services as a freelancer there. I know a few people who use Facebook to set up pages that offer book cover designs. They then target self-published authors with Facebook Ads and get a lot of requests for work. Sounds perfectly normal until you realize these guys have no artistic talent and outsource all of the work to Upwork and Fiverr.

They can get covers sketched for less than $50, spend the same on ads, and then get a flood of orders for more than $200 a pop.

Most importantly, there is a Sims game I don't know about? Well then, we can't have that.
P. J. Aitken. FWU Founder. Author of The Online Writer's Companion. Ask me a question using the Ask FWU forum.

Shana

Post by Shana » Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Which reminds me. I also have a writer's group (mainly just people top posting their blogs for likes all day) that I occasionally post in. Was feeling very uninspired and asked the group for ideas for my next non-fiction ebook. Got a REALLY great idea from one of the other writers there. I'm pretty dang excited about it, actually.

Yes. Freeplay. It's the number one reason my clients send me "hey... have you finished that yet?" messages.
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse

MegStewart

Post by MegStewart » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

I've gotten several paying projects because people who are in Facebook groups with me find out that I do freelance writing and they message me about work they need done. I think sometimes just being a helpful ongoing presence in the right groups can mean that people think of you first when they do need to hire someone. It's all about making sure everyone you know understands what you do for a living. Then when people in your groups do need a service that you offer, your name should be on their short list of people to approach. One of my best paying clients came from a Facebook group, she approached me out of the blue because she'd seen me post often in the group, and it turned into regularly weekly work for well over six months.

Verakaf

Чекина Галина Михайловна

Post by Verakaf » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Чекина Галина Михайловна
Россия г. Петрозаводск
+79817846348
https://vk.com/id23413736
http://instagram.com/galina.chekina
Деятельность:
Проституция
Эскорт
Мошенничество
Сводничество
полеты заграницу проституция эскорт. Рассказывает всем что модель ходит по подиумам. Ниже предоставлены все факты свидетельствующие о том что хождение по подиум у нее сопровождается интимными продолжениями. Занимается кидаловом и разводом на деньги. Крайне неприятная особо будьте осторожны имея с ней дело.
Скажи СТОП проституции поделись ссылкой chekina-galina.com с друзьями