Roll Call!--Where in the World Are You?

Learn the rules of the FWU forum and get help with some freelancing basics, from freelance portals to projects and more. Use this forum to introduce yourself to the FWU Community.

Moderators: Shana, MegStewart

MegStewart

Roll Call!--Where in the World Are You?

Post by MegStewart » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey, we have over three hundred members in our forum and I didn't even know it!

Where's everyone from?

I'm born and bred in Northeast Ohio in the U.S., on the shores of Lake Erie. I hope to someday have a cabin in southern Kentucky or NE Tennessee where I can sit on the back porch and write surrounded by nature. Maybe have the grandsons come for the summer. But it's looking like it will have to wait till my youngest girls are out of school. But I'll get there!

Where do you hang your hat?

jessica95003

Re: Roll Call!--Where in the World Are You?

Post by jessica95003 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 am

Hi!

I live on the coast in a small town called Aptos. We are on the Monterey Bay, about an hour and a half south of San Francisco and west of Silicon Valley. I've lived here most of my life except for when I left for undergrad and grad.

I hope to hit the road once my youngest graduates from high school, but that's still a ways off. Perhaps an RV lifestyle for most of the year or, if I manage to learn the language - France!

PJ (Admin)

Post by PJ (Admin) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Lot of members, but many seem to be shy. Hopefully that will change as we continue to grow.

I'm in the UK. In the middle of nowhere. Great if you love castles and rain, but not big on civilization.
P. J. Aitken. FWU Founder. Author of The Online Writer's Companion. Ask me a question using the Ask FWU forum.

Shana

Post by Shana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello!
I'm in North Carolina, been here since 1997. I remember being hesitant to move here; there's quite a stigma attached to the South. But since I've been here it's become my home. I like having the Appalachian mountains to the left of me a couple hours and the Atlantic coast to the right, also just a few hours.
You will always find an answer in the sound of water.

~Chuang-Tse